Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tomorrow is a new day...

The time has FINALLY come! Friday was my last day at Chick-fil-A and I couldn't be happier. While it was a great learning experience and stepping stone, I quickly learned that it was not worth my time, energy, or intelligence. I LOVE to work, but I also want to feel appreciated.

So, tomorrow is a new day and this past weekend was one of the best I've had in quite some time. If Friday wasn't fantastic enough, my family and I went to the races in Pennsylvania. While I'm certainly not the "racing" kind of girl, it was great to spend time with my great family while eating yummy food that is incredibly bad for me.

Saturday, Tom and I spent a wonderful day in Pittsburgh. We made our first trip to Trader Joes, an amazing grocery store. If you haven't been to TJs yet, it's a must! We traveled more than an hour to get there and it was way worth it. I've munched on a lot of things already and am so impressed. Plus, the prices are AMAZING! With the economy, food prices have skyrocketed. Not with TJs, though. Because nearly all of the products are made by TJs, there is very little middle-man action. Therefore, prices are cheaper (as is quality). We also shopped, went to eat, made a Starbucks run, and went to Sing Sing! Sing Sing is a dueling piano bar (there is also one in Denver, CO). It was fantastic! However, never attend Sing Sing during wedding season. It was seriously a bachelorette party fiasco. Bridezillas galore! Nonetheless, it was a great time and so funny.

Today was a typical Tom and Shalane Sunday. Church (as always)and then time with our families and friends. Then it was homework for me.

I can't wait 'til tomorrow. It will be literally amazing to not go to work.

1 comment: